Welcome to Bayview Avenue School of Arts & Sciences
325 West Merrick Road
Freeport, NY 11520
Tel: (516) 867-5255
Dear Bayview Families:
It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to the 2013/2014 academic year! Whether you a part of the Bayview Family or simply reviewing our school website, “We welcome you!”
We have much to share and much to be proud of. I am honored to represent our wonderful school as Bayview’s principal and am very pleased that your family will be a part of the Bayview community for the upcoming school year. I hope each of you has enjoyed a restful summer with your family and friends and are ready to begin another school year. I am eager to continue our work to achieve Bayview’s vision of academic and social-emotional excellence for every child.
We recognize and appreciate that learning opportunities occur everywhere – in the classroom, on the playground as well as at home. At school, our outstanding and nurturing faculty and staff are focused on providing a learning environment where students are secure, challenged and successful. Working in partnership with our families, we provide a supportive and safe place where students can take risks, learn from their mistakes, build resilience and develop a strong academic foundation and self-confidence. Our common goal is to inspire our students towards performance excellence and college and career readiness for the 21st century.
The beginning of the school year offers a unique opportunity for students, teachers and families to plan for their year of learning together. It’s a time to set goals, acknowledge challenges and look forward to a positive and productive year together! We welcome your input and participation and will always address your questions and concerns in a timely manner. Your active involvement has a direct impact on your child’s success, so we encourage you to maintain open lines of communication with your child’s teacher throughout the school year.
Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation. We look forward to building a productive home-school partnership to ensure your child’s success. Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call us at 867-5255. A warm welcome always awaits you. We are here to serve you!
Odette R. Wills
It is the mission of the Bayview school staff to provide a safe and nurturing educational environment that empowers students to reach their academic potential by being college and career-ready through utilizing technology and 21st century skills. Our school promotes a partnership between home, school and community. We believe each child is an individual of great worth and strive to instill in each a life-long love of learning and to become a productive member of society.
Our Core Beliefs
- It is our core belief to provide educational opportunities to all students so that they become competent and productive members of society.
- It is our core belief to inspire and motivate students to take advantage of the opportunities offered so they may realize their fullest academic and social potential.
- It is our core belief we utilize the resources in our school and community to develop our children so that they will be able to relate their school experiences to their everyday living.
- It is our core belief that faculty, parents, and children should work together, for each has valuable contributions to further enhance a child's education.
What Makes Bayview Avenue School Unique?
The Bayview Family …
- Is a community of life-long learners who are exceptionally talented, nurturing, and resourceful
- Members bring their unique experiences that are characterized by competence, collegiality and creativity
- Is in continual pursuit of excellence in ourselves and our students
- Provides a caring, safe, supportive environment that acknowledges, values and develops each individual child’s unique gifts and talents
Parents as Partners
Bayview’s success is supported by our vital home-school partnership. Parents are valued allies who share our core beliefs and mission. Collaboration between the home and school is fostered by …
- Our determination to develop well-rounded citizens prepared to take advantage of unlimited possibilities
- Our commitment to collaboration, innovation and excellence
- Support inclusive the values and beliefs of families and students that foster an environment that is conducive to learning and academic success.
- Establish a strong partnership in order for a child to reach their fullest potential.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with administrators, faculty and staff throughout the school year
A warm welcome always awaits you!
Dignity Act for All Students (DASA)
Bayview stands in support of the Dignity Act!
Bayview’s Dignity Act Coordinators
Ms. Alma Rocha – Assistant Principal
Cindy Misrock – Social Worker
For further information, please click on the link below.